To assist you in finding an LGBT-friendly doctor/health care provider in the United States, we provide the following links and hotlines. We do not endorse these organizations or any referrals they may provide.
Online Provider Directories
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
Provides a searchable database of providers who are sensitive to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues, including doctors, dentists, mental health providers, midwives, alternative health providers, and transgender-aware providers.
- Association for Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Issues in Counseling
Provides a resource listing of mental health services.
- National Association of Lesbian & Gay Addiction Professionals
Provides a resource listing of addiction treatment and support services.
- Pride Institute
Chemical dependency/mental health referrals and information for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
- The Gay and Lesbian National Hotline
Peer-counseling, information, and referrals.
- National Runaway Switchboard
Crisis line for teens.
- National Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Hotline
Anonymous, confidential information and referrals on STDs and prevention.
- National AIDS Hotline
HIV/AIDS information and referrals.
English and Spanish/Español